Education and Culture
The Education and Cultural Affairs Office facilitates Uganda-China linkages in the education and cultural fields. The cultural cooperation focuses cultural exchanges and promoting a wide variety of Ugandan music, art, dance, film, and literature throughout China.
All Ugandan students, desirous to study in China, are advised to go through the web pages of the Chinese universities where they intend to study. This exercise will help them know the academic ranking or recognition of the University/Institution where they are going to take admission, and there will be less likelihood of being misled by any agent/consultant/facilitator. Students are advised to strictly follow/observe all rules and regulation of the university/institution. The Embassy can extend support in cases within the bounds of rules.The Chinese Government has been providing scholarships for Ugandan students to study in Chinese higher education institutions since
The Chinese Government has been providing scholarships for Ugandan students to study in Chinese higher education institutions since the 1980s. The Ministry of Education of China formulates Chinese Government Scholarship and entrusts China Scholarship Council (CSC) to handle the enrollment of international students.
For scholarships offered by China, please visit the China Scholarship Council website and follow the procedures stated below:
Procedure for China Government Scholarship
Please visit following websites:
Application Package Documents:
Applicants must provide the following full package of application documents (in duplicate) to the Chinese Embassy in Uganda. Application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of the application.
a) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English)
b) Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
c) Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
d) A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.)
e) Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
f) Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two colour paintings and two other works.
g) Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
h) Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form designed by the Chinese quarantine authority can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months)
i) Applicants with Admission Letter from designated universities should enclose the letter in the application package.
j) Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application package.
Instructions of the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System
- Step 1: Visit http://www.cse.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online for International Students”.
- Step 2: Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
- Step 3: Login with your user name and password. For new user, please click “Create an account” for registration.
- Step 4: Fill in the correct Program Category and Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choose of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it in correctly, otherwise, you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted. Your “Program Category” is: Type A and “Agency Number” is 8001. Once the correct “Agency Number” is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge.
- Step 5: Fill in the Online Application Form and Upload Supporting Documents truly, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page. Applicants are required to select a discipline before choosing their majors. Please refer to the Disciplines Index, which could be downloaded from Help, if you have any doubt about the disciplines and majors.
- Step 6: Check each part of your Application carefully before submitting it. Click Submit to submit your Application.
- Step 7: You can make changes to your application by clicking Withdraw and Edit the Application on the top of the page. But make sure to submit it again by clicking submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be received either.
- Step 8: Download the completed Application Form by clicking Print and Application Form and print two hard copies.
- Step 9: Prepare other supporting documents as required and send the full package of application documents (in duplicate) to the dispatching authorities.
Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers.
Only Chinese and English are accepted for the online application.
Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Based on various factors, such as the host university’s teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments or changes to the candidate’s host university, the field of study, supporting categories and duration of the scholarship. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation.
Admission & Registration:
Scholarship winners will get the admission package from the Chinese Embassy and must register at the host university before the deadline which is usually in September.
Disclaimer: Uganda Embassy in Beijing does not either award or process the Scholarships.